The Greater New England Minority Supplier Diversity Council (GNEMSDC) invites you to the first two-day Virtual Matchmaker event. During 15-minute online sessions, certified Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) have the opportunity to meet directly with corporate member buyers and other certified MBEs.
In these 15-minute video meetings, MBEs can:
- Introduce themselves to corporate buyers
- Describe their business
- Pitch their products and services
Through GNEMSDC’s free virtual matchmaker, corporate members and certified MBEs can efficiently and effectively:
- Meet potential business partners
- Gain exposure virtually with corporate buyers
- Identify and expand MBE vendor networks
Leveraging digital capabilities, this Virtual Matchmaker helps GNEMSDC fulfill its mission to expand business opportunities for MBEs. We understand the challenges associated with meeting corporate supplier diversity professionals. Therefore, this Virtual Matchmaker creates a mutually beneficial connection between corporate members and MBEs.
Registration is now open for current corporate members and certified MBEs. When corporate members register, they will identify their current and future buying needs. During the registration process, MBEs will select the goods and services they supply. GNEMSDC also promotes MBE-to-MBE relationships. As such, MBEs interested in buying from other MBEs are encouraged to register as both a buyer and a supplier.
Once registered, an innovative algorithm matches buyers with suppliers.
Here’s how the matchmaking process works:
- Corporate members and MBEs review matches
- If interested, buyers will schedule a one-on-one meeting with the supplier
- MBEs confirm 15-minute meetings with corporate members
- During matchmaking sessions, MBEs pitch their product or service to corporate members
Please note: Meetings are exclusively scheduled with approval from both the buyer and supplier.
Although registration does not guarantee a match or one-to-one meetings, corporate members and MBEs are encouraged to register.
Several corporate members will attend the Virtual Matchmaker, providing direct insight into their specific buying needs and opportunities. Hence, these matchmaking sessions are critical in building and fostering relationships between MBEs and corporate members.
Matchmaking sessions also offer the following structured opportunities:
- Providing MBEs a competitive advantage by practicing their pitch with corporate members
- Introducing corporate members to businesses throughout the region
MBEs, Prepare for the Virtual Maker:
- Before the event:
- Review corporate members attending the event
- Identify what corporate members are buying
- Prepare and review your capability statement or pitch document
- Determine products and services to be pitched to buyers
- Highlight how you can help the organization meet its objectives
Keep the Conversation Going
After matchmaking sessions, MBEs and corporate members must continue the conversation by sending emails to develop these critical relationships. Remember, although this event may not immediately lead to a contract award, creating connections can help secure future procurement opportunities.
As GNEMSDC strives to increase economic opportunities for the minority business community, we are thrilled to host the 2021 Virtual Matchmaker!
Virtual one-on-one meetings will be held July 20-21, 2021, from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Registration is required to schedule an appointment. Click here to register.