GNEMSDC Presents 2021 Annual Bear’s Den Competition
September 30, 2021, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. EST
Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) are anxiously awaiting the Greater New England Minority Supplier Diversity Council’s (GNEMSDC’s) 6th Annual Bear’s Den Competition! Taking place Thursday, September 30, 2021, from 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. EST, this highly-anticipated virtual event features pitch presentations by certified MBEs to a panel of four (4) judges, comprised of GNEMSDC corporate members.
Modeled after the famous television pitch competition, Shark Tank, selected MBEs will have only five (5) minutes to persuasively:
- Introduce their company and owners
- Describe their business model and differentiators
- Provide a comprehensive overview of their products and services
- Compete for to win $1,500 a cash prize, sponsored by John Hancock Life Insurance Company
Six Years of MBE Success
Since 2015, the GNEMSDC Bear’s Den Competition has provided an opportunity for certified MBEs to gain exposure and market their businesses directly to GNEMSDC corporate members.
For the past six (6) years, GNEMSDC has facilitated the Bear’s Den Competition, which provides the following MBE benefits:
- Networking with potential business partners
- Meeting investors and venture capitalists
- Gaining insights and feedback from corporate business leaders
- Expanding their business exposure amongst GNEMSDC corporate members and their MBE peers
- Hearing from celebrities and influencers
- Practicing and perfecting their business pitch
- Winning monetary or in-kind prizes
2021 GNEMSDC Bear’s Den Competition Judges
This year’s panel of prestigious Bear’s Den Competition judges include four (4) GNEMSDC corporate members who will determine the final winner:
- Charles Smith, Senior Vice President, SBA Program Manager, Eastern Bank
- Gladymar Parziale, Supplier Diversity Manager, Global Sourcing, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Martha Crawford, Supplier Diversity Manager/SBLO, Sikorsky, A Lockheed Martin
- Phil Hirsch, Supplier Diversity Officer, John Hancock Life Insurance Company
Use these questions to start crafting your pitch:
- What is the name and purpose of your business?
- Who are your competitors, and what is your competitive advantage?
- How has your business demonstrated growth? (Examples include capacity, staffing, skills, or branding)
- Why is being a certified MBE with GNEMSDC is essential to your business?
- Conclusion with a call-to-action (CTA)
Don’t Miss This Opportunity!
All eligible and certified MBEs are encouraged to register now for the 2021 Bear’s Den Competition! Registration ends Friday, September 10, 2021.
MBEs must meet all criteria below to be eligible to participate:
- Category 2, 3, & 4 MBEs currently certified by GNEMSDC
- Email submitted by Friday, September 10, 2021
Certified MBEs, you don’t want to miss this chance to present your business to our corporate members. Email Joanne Wang JWang@gnemsdc.org today if you are interested in participating in the 2021 Bear’s Den Competition.