Becoming certified opens the door to a myriad of opportunities for timely information on opportunities, one on one consulting, training programs and targeted connections, all of which are extremely valuable in a very competitive global market place. As part of the Certification Process, GNEMSDC conducts an extensive business review of new and existing MBEs. This review is designed to insure compliance with the NMSDC member standards for certified minority business status. Certification by the GNEMSDC is honored nationwide and recognized by major U.S. corporations, public agencies and non-profit organizations.
Applying for MBE Certification at GNEMSDC is very straight forward, and the steps are outlined below. Please note that the Certification process can take up to 30 days following successful submission of the application.
- MBE Certification Applicants are invited to attend one of our MBE pre-certification webinars. These webinars are online based and offered to you at no cost by the GNEMSDC staff. Information about the Greater New England council as well as the details of the certification process will be covered. Please click here to register.
- Application. Certification will then begin with the online application. You must first request a login by creating a username and password. After you have successfully logged into your account, you may then begin an online certification application. You may take as long as necessary to complete the application, and if you are unable to complete it all at once, your information will be kept confidential and will be saved for your next session. Click Here To Start Your Application.
- Documentation. Gather all required documents and upload them to your application. Be sure all documents are in PDF format and that you have completed the entire application before submission.
- Processing. After completing the application, a processing fee must be paid online via credit card in order for it to be submitted for review. (Please refer to the chart below for applicable processing fees).
- Site Visit. Once your application has been thoroughly reviewed, a site visit and interview with a GNEMSDC Certification Specialist will be scheduled.
- Committee Review. Wait for final approval from Committee Review. The Certification Committee meets monthly to review applications for MBE Certification. The Certification Committee must approve the application before it can be submitted to the Board for final approval.
- Board Review. The Board will review the Certification Committee’s recommendation and make the final decision. If the Board rejects the application, you may submit a letter of appeal. If approved, you will be notified by e-mail on how to obtain your MBE certificate.
MBE Certification Fees
Please note that all processing fees are non-refundable.
*The Application Fee is only applicable to “new” certifications and does not apply to recertifications or subscriptions. This fee is non-refundable.
For more information on MBE Services, contact Ileana Purisic by calling (203) 288-9744 ext.119 or email Ileana.firstname.lastname@example.org