Become a Corporate Member
Corporate members of the Greater New England Minority Supplier Development Council (“GNEMSDC”) provide the minority owned businesses with the link to opportunities that they need to grow, prosper and maintain or increase their employment base. Supporting MBEs with business opportunities also benefits our corporate members in many ways.
Successful minority owned businesses create wealth for their owners, employment opportunities for communities that face higher levels of unemployment and underemployment, incremental tax revenue, and a cadre of servant leaders. This leads to stronger communities and more customers for corporations.
Supplier diversity programs that support minority business development allow corporations to increase market share and provides them with a competitive advantage. As the chief executives of many of the country’s biggest companies see it, building and using a diverse supplier base is a business necessity in a society that is incredibly diverse and expected to be even more diverse in the future.
We understand a company’s goals to support minority business development and achieve a diverse supplier base while maintaining the level of quality you require of your vendors. That is why we offer many programs for our certified MBEs that allow them to grow and achieve the size and scale necessary to do business with our corporate members.
GNEMSDC provides a wide range of services that can help your Supplier Diversity Program thrive and achieve the aspirational goals of minority business development and economic inclusion. Please see our Menu of Services for how we may assist you in meeting your Supplier Diversity goals.
- Feature corporate member’s supplier diversity program, upcoming opportunities and events in the bi-weekly newsletter & social media channels
- Advocate within C-suites and state and local government promoting minority business development and supplier diversity
- Participate in your internal resource group meetings
- Certify minority business on behalf of coporate members
- Find MBEs that are not certified and introduce certification to meet corporate member’s needs
- Access to minority business database-NMSDC central
- Source qualified MBEs to support your business needs
- Events: Corporate Showcases, Networking, Matchmaking and GNEMSDC Signature Events
- Introduction made to other corporate members to share best practices and benchmark
- Annual option to review member’s vendor database to determine who among their suppliers are NMSDC-certified
- Supplier Diversity consultancy
- Annual development sessions
- Leadership opportunities and development through committee and board participation
GNEMSDC welcomes for profit companies and nonprofit organizations interested in Corporate Membership.
We offer assistance in establishing and in improving corporate supplier diversity programs, as well as provide access to hundreds of certified minority-owned and controlled business enterprises. Corporate Membership is achieved by submitting an application in which the corporation agrees to engage in proactive supplier diversity efforts.The application is accompanied by an annual membership fee.
The available membership levels are:
For Profit Corporations with over 100 Employees – $3,000
Nonprofit Organizations and Corporations with under 100 Employees – $1,500